10. The Russian roulette scene with Robert DiNiro when he is a prisoner of war in The Deer Hunter. Holy Crap.
9. When Harry conjures a patronus to save Sirius from the Dementors in The Prisoner of Azkaban.
8. When it goes from black and white to color and Larry Mullen Jr. hits his drumsticks together to start "Where the Streets Have No Name" in Rattle and Hum.
7. When Rocky gets up before Apollo Creed. The music helps.
6. When Pippin lights the fires of alarm at Minas Tirith setting off a chain reaction across the land in Return of the King.
5. The end of The Usual Suspects when Kevin Spacey just walks away from his long interrogation and uncripples his hand and poof. Kaiser Sose is gone.
4. When Leon sends Mathilda down a little hole in The Professional and she realizes it's too small for him to fit down too. "I want to sleep in a bed. . .have roots! Go baby go." And then he single-handedly takes on "EVEREE--ONE!" Every time I see it I think Leon is going to make it. I take comfort in knowing that Leon had the presence of mind to take awful Gary Oldman out with him. P.S. I like Gary Oldman as Sirius, but not as that gross pill-without-water-swallowing corrupt cop.
3. When Leonardo DiCaprio is all "I'm on top of the world!" Just kidding.
2. When Michael Corleone has the heads of the other New York families murdered during his godson's baptism: "Do you renounce Satan. I do renounce him." Chilling.
1. When Darth Vader's mask goes on and he takes his first haunting breath. That's what I'm talkin' about. THAT IS WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT.