This is a list of recurring bad dreams I've been having for years. I had the Mall Dream last night. I don't know what any of it means.
1. I am in high school or college and it's the end of the year and I realize I haven't been going to math all year and I can't remember my locker combination.Typical.
2. I give birth to a tiny inch-long worm-like baby that fails to thrive. Heartbreaking.
3. I have to go to the bathroom but the only ones available lack privacy and are clogged and overflowing with sewage. "Bad dreams about clogged toilets" is one of my favorite Google searches that someone has used to find my blog. (My all-time favorite Google search is "pantyhose all day stink."
4. I'm in a mall and I get lost in an area that is closed and scary and takes a long time to get out of or I walk out of the mall and I'm in a strange place, a Lego city, or Europe. I have to walk home and I don't know the way. It's surprisingly frightening. I have this mall dream all the time and I often confuse the layout of the dream mall with the real mall. There is always a certain wing to avoid (like how Mervyns is closed and vacant now at the University mall) but I always end up in that wing with lots of tarps and scaffolding and it's an evil place. Dreadful.
5. I develop a large, fleshy, sometimes vein-y, moldy, mushroom-like lump or growth on my head. This is the most hideous dream I have. I hate it. I even hate writing about it. I'm making myself sick right now. In addition to being shameful and grotesque, I fear that it is a manifestation of my body diagnosing itself with a brain tumor.