Here are just a few of the many things that make me feel ill at ease. Please feel free to share some of your own, unless you're not comfortable with that.
10. Looking at myself in the mirror while getting a hair cut.
9. Spontaneous water fights with the young men and young women. If I look like I’m having fun, Super! My excruciating effort to act peppy has paid off.
8. Blog contention (That's web log contention, for those who might be uncomfortable with the word "blog.")
7. Tom Hanks faking an accent. This bothers me. A lot.
6. When Brad Carter, who Heidi and I were on a road trip with, needed to stop to use the restroom. He specifically said, “I really need to go. You know, I need to sit down.” His desire to communicate the type and style of his bathroom- going did more than just make me feel uncomfortable, it really disturbed me.
5. When my bishop calls me “President,” even though I insist on it.
4. Singing and dancing with my kids in Kindermusik—“Let’s swish hello to Kacy, Kacy, Kacy. ..” Uh, that’s not necessary. No really.
3. Sleeping without memory foam.
2. Most solos, of any kind, and some duets when extreme or innovative harmony is involved.
1. Bumpy gourds.